In response to COVID-19, all sessions have been moved online to secure video-conferencing and/or telephone appointments.
You won’t have to download any new software if logging in through your browser since video sessions use the existing Simple Practice HIPAA-compliant client portal.
- A reliable internet connection with a speed of at least 20 mbps. Wired/ethernet connections will generally be more reliable than wifi.
- A computer with an integrated or external microphone and webcam.
- A computer with 4 GB of RAM and at least a 2.5 GHz processor.
- The most updated version of Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Android 7.0 or later.
- iOS 10 or later.
- Telehealth app (free in the Apple app store or Google play store).
Benefits to Using Online Therapy
- More flexible appointment times offered.
- Increased physical accessibility.
- Covered by many major insurance policies like Cigna.
- Available statewide if you move somewhere else within the state your therapist or other telehealth provider is licensed in.
Limitations to Using Online Therapy
- Disruptions may occur due to geographical service outages or general tech troubleshooting.
- Not appropriate for immediate or emergent crisis. If in immediate crisis, call 911 or 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355).